Welcome to The ADRICULOUS Life!
This is my personal blog, chronicling things I discovered, explored, experienced, throughout my life. The ADRICULOUS Life isn’t just about my life, but a life filled with a variety of randomness and out of the whim thoughts to be shared to everyone who may stumble upon this little corner of mine. If this is your first time being here, I thank you for your visit!
This site started off as a personal blog and site. Now, it’s just a blog, with a few random extras. It has gone through several years of changes from its name to its intended content. This blog started off with the name Adriatastic, but after many years of blogging under that name through its own domain,1 I felt that it was the right time to change back to a brand-new identity and independent from my portfolio domain.2
I try to keep this blog focused towards the hodgepodge, where I talk about anything and everything out on a whim without involving my specific passions: digital/web designing and fiction/prose writing. For those, you can find them linked from my collective.
Before that, it also went through several changes in terms of the site name and content, starting from my now-defunct domain, Akaliane.net. It used to be a site for my writing projects alone from general blogging to writing certain articles covering topics usually related to my current fandom and general pop culture. Today, this site simply became just a general personal website, a playground of sorts where I can get random content-wise while all the latest technical, internet-related blog entries are now housed in my creatives and learning journal, The NINPOJineous.
I use this site as my hodgepodge playground of sorts, mainly for writing random stuff for writing practice and sharing some random general content that I may find interesting and worth sharing to the masses. I dabble with other websites hosted under other different domains, but all of them are still under construction. I hope that you may find something you may be interested in here and if you do, be sure to holler and let me know. I’ll see if I can have my focus towards your suggestion instead.
I have a chronicled timeline on my collective if you are curious about my hobbyist web design/development history.
It’s a fact that every dedicated blogger around the interwebs has their own style of blogging. Because I babble too much on the sidelines and can’t seem to get direct to the point of the subject, I take advantage of using footnotes to write down my other sidenotes and/or mini-“asides” notes right at the bottom. You can find a list of them right at the bottom of each entry where it says ON THE SIDENOTE… with corresponding numbers, just like any other footnote you see in a typed research paper or a textbook.
Let me give you an example of what I mean below:
I’m currently single and not in a rush to fall in love or get married.3
Other than that, I’m just any other blogger just like any other blogger out there. Well, maybe.
You will not see anything about my personal problems, personal issues, or any other real-life drama that I may come across in my real life. I have my (somewhat) therapeutic journal4 to rant out all of that. This blog isn’t about someone else’s real life drama and then make up some fictional plot and make money out of.
Ain’t got no time for all that. 🤔
What the heck does “adriculous” mean? (or rather, what the heck is it?)
Just like when I first renamed my blog Adriatastic, it’s another little word play that I made up based on my name that describes anything that relates to me. So basically, this entire blog isn’t not just all about me, but more of expressing things in general that’s coming from my point of view. In addition, I have been using Adriculous as a username for many of my social media accounts (which includes Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.), and I think it’s time for me to have a name change.
Aside from those small reasons, I find “adriculous” sound cooler than “adriatastic.”
Why did you transfer all of your old entries from the old “adriatastic” blog to the new one?
I want to keep an archive of all my past entries from the different domain changes and phases. I have been blogging for 10+ years, but the archiving only began back in 2008. After all, at that time, PHP/mySQL was still new to me5 at that time and had no clue on how to back up and restore current/old files.
- Open since 2008
- Formerly known as ADRIATASTIC (and the names before that (in descending order): Akaliane, Funyaraga, and its first name, Adventure Antibiotics)
- Changed the name to ADRICULOUS and transferred from a subdomain to its own domain.
- Effective 2017, the domain extension changed from adriculous.me to adriculous.life, reflecting the blog’s new name of The ADRICULOUS Life.
2016 was more of an experimental funky year for my grid-based, color/graphics-heavy theme. This year, I want to have something simple yet cool at the same time. I am using a child theme based on Themify‘s signature multipurpose theme, Ultra. This theme reminds me a lot of Elegant Themes’ signature multipurpose theme Divi, but there’s a lot of cool features not quite included in Divi (yet). I wanted to master both themes, therefore I decided to test Ultra for my blog.
I also installed a number of premium fonts as web fonts via the Use Any Font site. This year, I’ve only installed one: Stylist Pro. I love the handwriting look of it, and from a calligrapher’s standpoint, it looks like the font itself was created or derived by writing legibly with a fountain pen. I still have to get used to writing naturally with a fountain pen, plus I also need to really sit down and learn how to make my own fonts.
That’s it for the time being. I may make a few customizations here and there in the future, but this is pretty much it.
- ComiPo! (for some of the custom anime/manga-style artwork used and for the web comics)
- Sublime Text 3 (my current text editor)
- FileZilla (FTP client)
- Little Dancer Affordable and reliable hosting (some of my sites still remain here)
- Iceglow Hosting Affordable and reliable hosting (this blog and a few more promiment projects are hosted here)
- Namecheap Affordable and reliable domain registry
- W3 Schools
- Colour Lovers
- Udemy (free and paid online courses)
- DeviantArt (for the various templates and backgrounds used in the web comics and other custom graphics)
- Font Forecast (for the Stylist Pro font, used as the site title, entry title, meta text, etc.)
- Google Fonts (for the rest of the fonts used in this theme version)
- Font Awesome (for the icons, even though it’s already built in the Ultra parent theme)
- Creative Market (for all the mockup images I made/used)
- Pixabay (for the royalty-free images used in some of my entries)
WordPress PluginsThere are 26 plugins used: 0 active plugins and 26 inactive plugins.
On the sidenote...
- and purposely downgraded to a subdomain due to some financial budgeting [↩]
- currently going through domain change and revamping… [↩]
- But if I do, I’d love to have kids. This is a sample footnote, folks! [↩]
- as in a small notebook with a pen… [↩]
- and it’s still is new to me, I just happen to learn a few basics here and there [↩]