And for the record, I am still coughing and wheezing, but not as bad as the last two weeks. *sigh*
I haven’t been exactly active on any of my site projects because of two things:
- I was preparing the house for my parents’ homecoming from their month+ trip overseas.
- I caught the flu.
The second item on the above list was the main reason, mostly. Even though I got my flu vaccine last November, it doesn’t usually mean that I am completely immune to the flu. Luckily it’s one of those common flus that can be cured in 1-2 weeks. But whenever I have the flu, especially with the coughing and the stuffy nose, it hinders me from doing anything in general. I couldn’t properly do my work at my workplace because I had to stop just to take a water break, blow my nose, and pop in a cough lozenge. I couldn’t call out to my associates, couldn’t call out to my superiors, because my throat is stuffed with phlegm.
This also includes doing anything online, from Udemy classes to visiting my communities to pretty much anything else. I needed my rest and everything else. I spent most of my time just resting, being bedridden, and doing the usual daily stuff like eating. Because I was bedridden most of the time (except for work. I took a day off when it was at my worst day, but I couldn’t afford to miss a day), I also watched a lot of TV. Netflix, Amazon Video, you name it.
So, I’ve done everything that I could do, even if it takes to overdosing, for me to get well fast:
- DayQuil & NyQuil.
- Echinacea Tea and Lemon Tea with honey.
- Chicken soup of all types, which also includes Chinese and Vietnamese chicken noodle soups.
- Vicks Vaporub at night.
- Warm mist vaporizer with Kaz Inhaler mineral oil during night.
- I purchased a portable cool mist humidifier from good ol’ Amazon for about $20 as an alternative to the warm mist vaporizer, just in case. Even though reviews say that vaporizers require less maintenance, this portable one has lesser maintenance than my current vaporizer. But I tried and tested it, only covered 20 feet area, and it’s run by a USB plug.
- Mandarin oranges, Fuji apples, and bananas for snacks in between.
- Sleep. Lots of sleep.
Today, the stuffy nose is somewhat subsiding and the coughing only occurs when the throat becomes scratchy and uncomfortable. I’m happy that my parents are home so at least I’ve got them to take cafe of me until I get better.1
On the sidenote...
- And Dad is almost done with my taxes too. [↩]