Welcome to The ADRICULOUS Life, a personal blog built, owned, and maintained by a nerdette named Adrianne. This blog has come to existence1 back in the mid-2000s, but finally moved to its own home2 away from being hosted as a subdomain. It has gone through different names that had unusual names, eventually I started coming up with names that are somewhat wordplays to my first name.
The obvious one being the made-up word ADRICULOUS. I finally settled with the current title The ADRICULOUS Life when the .life domain extension came to a fruition. And since this blog had always been about some happenings in my real life, as well as a hodgepodge of topics that somewhat related to my daily life, I re-invented this blog into something a little more personal and uniquely me.
As of July 2021, this blog site has now converted into an art diary-style type of blog. I will be posting handmade digital art and talk about the art related to the things going on in life. Not only that this would make this blog somewhat unique, but this will also help me become more motivated with making more art, whether in digital form or analog/traditional form.
Reasons for building and maintaining this blog
I’m from the forgotten generation known as Generation X. It may be safe to say that the GenX have innovated the first early days of the internet, which includes blogging:
- I wrote in two diaries during high school, handwritten of course. Blogging in a way helped me maintain my diary-writing habit during and after the university days when I didn’t feel like writing anything long-form by hand anymore. The only difference is that it’s public, so I have to be super-discreet with what I write about and avoid any slandering/libeling anyone involved in my life.
- I thought that blogging may also improve my writing altogether. I believe it has and it still continues to help me with my writing.
- My interest in building websites also led me to building my own blog. The maintenance part helps me keep up and improve my web designing and development skills.
- Meet other like-minded people like myself through blogging and blog linking.
- Introduce other things that I like outside of blogging, hobbies, etc. I tried anyway, but I became lazy maintaining, so I decided to move them further away from this blog.
- I learned a lot about domains and web hosting through self-taught site/blog maintenance too, so this has become a main learning tool for anything web-related.
- Best part is that I can convert this blog into different formats without losing the purpose of having this blog in the first place.
Hello, I’m Adrianne, a nerdette of many interests with a scatterbrained mind. I meant to say, I’m a scatterbrain of many interests, hopes, and dreams, to the point that I have no single focus in life because I find a lot of hobbies and subjects enjoyable. Not only that it makes life more enjoyable for me, but it also helps me at ease whenever I get stuck in any serious mess.
My father, may God bless his soul, introduced me to a variety of things and how to think and step outside the box whenever the opportunity comes. Sometimes, when that opportunity comes, I didn’t feel ready to grab it, and ended up missing it. I hope that through this converted art blog that I can finally have the courage to stay focused on one goal.
Once in awhile, I may write my entries in two other languges: Filipino/Tagalog and Japanese/日本語, but these will come in the rarest times or whenever I feel like ranting about something in any other language other than English.
Aside from dabbling with non-niche blogging, I do a variety of things on the outside: