Hello and welcome to my new online abode. My name is Adrianne. I go by a variety of names from the family nickname to the online nickname, Adri. In real life, I have no tolerance with atrocious grammar and spelling, and this includes the spelling of my name. 1
I am a wanna-be of a lot of things: a wanna-be web developer/designer, a wanna-be writer/novelist, and a wanna-be (legit) digital artist and manga illustrator. It’s one of the main reasons why I’ve gotten myself addicted to oodles of online learning. Aside from all the online learning, I also love to do other things outside the interwebs, such as reading books and doing some random “traditional” Zentangle art on some sketchbook. 2 I also have some obsession with food that I even take the time to visit some local restaurants and other hot spots and actually writing reviews about them.
As you can see from some of my posts that I often like using some random anime/manga illustration just gathered from all around the internet. 3 I have been a self-proclaimed anime/manga otaku since childhood 4 and an avid gamer of anything that combines anime and RPG. I love to play various MMORPGs, both on the PC and on my phone. I also play on my old Nintendo DS Lite with games my siblings and I purchased but never played them or never finished playing them.
Aside from dabbling with my own blogging, I also write various fiction and fanfiction at the following: FanfictionNET, FictionPress, Wattpad, and recently, A3O. I am also an avid participant of NaNoWriMo when I can as well. I am also an occasional open source contributor on GitHub for my local tech meetup groups and just easy/beginner-friendly open source projects when there are available.
A few other things to know…
- I am a devout Roman Catholic and I read the Bible 5 constantly. My favorite books in the Bible are the Proverbs, Psalms, and the Songs of Solomon.
- Religion and politics are the two topics that I tend to avoid talking about with anyone. That includes family, friends, colleagues, or just strangers you just met on a whim. I do not impose my own political or religious beliefs to anyone, nor do I convince others to support this or that cause simply because I feel that it’s “the right way to a better life.” Rather, I speak of following your own instincts and beliefs and make the right choices for the betterment of everyday life.
- I speak Tagalog and English fluently. I’m proficient in both Japanese and Spanish, but not enough for me to use them in a conversation.
- I’m down with common sense and natural instincts. I have no tolerance towards people who talk crap without even proper backup to what they’re saying.
- I have no tolerance in seeing bigotry, or any other type of prejudice, everywhere at any time. This also includes the social media when certain few friends (on Facebook) just post some political crap or anything similar without even realizing that they’ve got people in their friends/followers list who are affected by the stuff they’re saying/sharing/posting. I just choose to be silent about it.
- Work-Life balance is very important to me. I can’t choose one over the other and I can’t do more of one than the other.
- I am very close-knit to my immediate family, so don’t expect me ranting heavily about my parents or siblings or anything similar except for something very small and trivial. I’m weird like that.
- I am not a fanatic when it comes to makeup and cosmetics, but I am a fanatic when it comes to skincare. I have been following the Japanese/Korean 6 routine for over 10+ years now. None of us are getting older, and as we do get old, we do start caring about our health, both inside and the outside.
This is my extended INTRO-LUDE section!
On the sidenote . . .
- If English is your foreign language, that’s understandable. If you’re a native-born English speaker, that’s a different story…
- One day I will be opening a gallery of Zentangles though… if only I can get my scanner to work on my new computer…
- I’m not claiming any of them to be mine obviously, unless if it was something created by ComiPo!, like the anime version of myself to your right…
- watching those old ’70s super robot wars anime while growing up in the Philippines and then rediscovering it again in my Japanese language class back in college
- that is… the Bible app on my phone… a lot more convenient while I’m on the go…
- they’re (almost) the same by the way…