… and life goes on. And on.
Here’s what’s been up with me as of late:
- I’m still working on my client site. Not just that, I also have to do some desktop publishing too, like brochures and stuff because I recreated their business logo, so they want all their peripherals with the new logo in them. That’s why even now it’s taking me a bit while.
- I started working on a WordPress theme development tutorial at The NINPOJineous.
- I’m still playing those same video games that I mentioned in the past entries because they’ve got so many new updates and other good stuff. I’m ending up playing more Sims 4 and a series of mobile otome games. I really need to stop if I were going to progress my life, so to speak. The latest otome game I’m currently playing is another Korean otome game called Vampire Idol (available for Android, I read it’s not available for iOS yet, but I don’t own an iPhone, so I won’t have that correct info). I still like Mystic Messenger though, regardless.
- I’ve been doing a lot of non-fiction reading. Mostly coding textbooks, so far. I’ll be writing another non-fiction book on The NINPOJineous on a brand-new book just recently released.
A last-minute thought for a possible monthly (?) linkup . . . or something
Whenever I can, I do read blogs that belong in a blog linkup. I participated in a few of them from time to time. I’ve always wanted to open my own linkup at one point if only I had all the time in the world to maintain it, plus I’ve got a few ideas on the themes too.1
One of those few ideas that I think would be neat would be blogging about your hometown. What I mean by hometown doesn’t necessarily mean the actual city/town/village that you were born, grew up in, and/or currently living today. What I also mean by “hometown” can include other places that are close to the place where you live, such as your vicinity, your region, etc. It will include at least one photo or more to show the place you are blogging about.
Share some stories about your hometown. It could be a particular neighborhood coffee shop that you used to hang out or you currently frequent, what you like about it, where it’s located, and so on and so forth. It can also be a special landmark that only your hometown (or another area near your hometown) has and what it means to you. In short, share everything local that you love that would also make your readers become curious and one day come and visit themselves too. Think of it as a part-travel blog, part-support of your local area including local businesses, and of course, another way to write about how your daily life is like.
I don’t have the specific rules down yet, but because we are all busy, I’ll make it monthly and that you will have the entire month to submit your entry to the linkup. The photos don’t have to be taken using some special fancy camera, just your smartphone camera would do. I do have one rule already written down: Your first entry to the linkup would be just a general overview and information about your hometown (the place you currently live right now). Show a photo or two about a few landmarks that represent your hometown. The house or apartment complex where you live does not count LOL. 😅
I’ll probably have it set up tomorrow or Saturday by posting my first linkup entry. Just stay tuned and pray that I’m able to squeeze some free time to do this. 🤕
Liebster Award: Mikari
And now, more Liebster Award questions answered!
- What was that movie that you watched over and over as a kid?
This is easy. The Back to the Future Trilogy. We bought the DVD version of the trilogy when it came out years later, but I remember my dad recording all of the movies shown on TV on VHS tapes too. Ah, those were the days!
- What color are the majority of your clothes?
Mostly blue (indigo, navy blue, sometimes baby/sky blue), black, sometimes purple (lavender included).
- How many hours do you usually sleep?
6-7 hours, but because I have been playing video games lately, sometimes 4 hours. I have really strange sleeping habits, or rather my body acts strange when it comes to sleeping. I will wake up early when I sleep at the late hours, but will wake up late when I sleep at the early hours.
- Do you have a food you love and eat every day?
Sandwiches! Especially pastrami sandwiches! Sometimes pasta and taqueria-style Mexican food (none of that Taco Bell imitations LOL).
- Do you like drinking water?
I do, especially during work. My body got used to drinking more water than the last decade since my not-so-fun vacation week at the hospital during Christmas week.
- Look to your right, what do you see?
My tokidoki-themed 2017 wall calendar.
- Look to your left, what do you see?
My twin-sized bed with 707 of Mystic Messenger (pillow) gazing at me with his arms open. 😊
- What’s your computer wallpaper?
An old concept anime/manga-style digital art of a digital artist nerd girl sleeping/drooling on her computer desk with her WACOM Cintiq drawing tablet in front and the desktop computer screen with an old version of an Adobe Illustrator interface with an illustration of herself sleeping/drooling.
- What’s your phone wallpaper?
Some random sakura (cherry blossom) artwork.
- What’s the video game you’ve played for the longest time total?
Final Fantasy XV – almost a year since its first release back in late November 2016.
- What song have you been enjoying listening to a lot lately?
Nothing in particular. I rarely listen to the radio anymore except for rush hour traffic news when I drive to work. The only types of music I listen too are a lot of “oldies” and “oldies” J-Pop.
And I think that’s it for the Liebster Award questions so far. If I get nominated again I’ll post a few more in the near future. But, right now, time for bed.
Till next time! ☺
- Unfortunately, one was already “taken” and someone already started it… [↩]