Originally this month, I planned to register again at Skillcrush and enroll in their Ruby on Rails blueprint. Then I realized that in Udemy, I already downloaded and purchased (the paid ones of course) a series of “Complete Web Developer Bootcamp”-type online courses that heavily involves Ruby on Rails. I would feel like a moron if I started investing $400 more on another online course when I’ve already purchased the ones I’ve got at Udemy on sale for $10-$30 each.1 I finally decided to curse myself for slacking off away from Udemy and actually get rid of all the distractions, sit down in front of the good ol’ PC, and watch the videos as I build along and join in the class discussions at the discussion board.
Lately also, I’m beginning to ponder what the real focus of this blog should be. I’ve always considered ADRICULOUS as a personal blog and nothing more, however I seem to be writing more about something that’s “career-oriented” than the usual hodgepodge that I would simply just write about from out of the blue. I’m even forgetting about writing about my current cat population in my backyard. There’s still plenty of them just like before.7
And I’m still pondering about this theme as well. I’m already trying to build the design layout of an upcoming ADRICULOUS 2.1 or something if possible. I’ll write more about that if I can finally organize all the chaos in my mind.
- A lot of those complete web developer bootcamp-type classes originally cost from $100-$500 each… this is why I love Udemy because of their ongoing special sales and discounts at limited times that would make these pricy classes a whole lot more affordable. [↩]
- from ILoveCoding as well as a few of the Udemy courses I may have downloaded in the past for free but never really gotten to start them in my spare time… [↩]
- I’m using an IDE right now to build my first Rails-powered project— a blog! [↩]
- although Bootstrap is a whole lot more popular web framework than Foundation 5, I actually found Foundation 5 a lot easier and cleaner in terms of classes and among other things… [↩]
- in short, at the comfort of my home [↩]
- or something similar like that anyway… [↩]
- It’s still Mama Tiger and her two generations of kittens… well… three older kittens and two little ones… ooh boy… [↩]