It’s the second week of August, and I have been away from the blogs for the past… 2 weeks now?
There are so many things that I wanted to write about, which even included some quotes that I want to relate my entries to, but as like everything (and everyone) else, offline time decided not to give me any vacation from real life. Plenty, plenty of things to do and take care of. I’m writing this someone short entry to let everyone know that I’m sorta/kinda taking a break from my blogging.1
A few things happening starting in August:
- Working and completing on some DIY projects for my brother’s wedding this coming December. That includes lettering projects for their invitations to a DIY “guestbook” art projects to their wedding website. I already put up a landing page with a countdown counter that leads to the date of their wedding as a start.
- Cleaning my room (again) simply because some relatives from Canada whom I’ve never met in person (yet) will be having a one-night stay here this weekend.2
- Watching the Olympics. Luckily that’s only two weeks, but that hinders to the next item of this list.
- Working on building new Ruby-based projects, and of course, continuing my Ruby on Rails education with Sinatra, Active Record, and RSpec.3
- Work is getting a lot harder and busier, and I might work overnight and/or extra shifts.
- This September, my parents, brother, his fiancee, and mother will be having a 2-week European cruise vacation starting in the UK and ending it in Italy. This means, I will be busy taking care of the house and other things related above.
So, what does this mean actually? This would mean a few of the following:
- Less active on my blogging here. I would most likely blogging more on The NINPOJineous for my academic/educational journaling. There may be some art-related entries that I would be writing over there too. If you’re interested in coming by for a visit, please do!
- Less likely to be active on social media. Not so much Twitter, although I’ll try, and not so much Facebook, although I’ll try to keep in touch.
- On and off, I’ll try and visit everyone’s blogs for commenting. That also reminds me too: If you are reading this entry, I’m sure you’ll be aware and understand. If you suddenly start bombarding me with emails asking me why I’m not replying of any kind (and it’s been happening these past few days now), then you didn’t even bother reading this entry in the first place. I don’t understand people with the matters of real life and internet life, how they force others to be more active on the internet so they can
pestervisit me while I visit them on a regular/daily basis, and how they force others to write more on their blogs everyday. Not going to happen.
- If you come and visit and comment on my past entries, then thank you, I appreciate it. I’ll reply to your comments as I can when time permits me, but don’t expect me to have a new blog entry the next day or even a few days. I may have a new blog entry, but not very soon.
Now that came up as a subject, here’s an advice to everyone who may be going through a hectic offline schedule. Always, always stick to your priorities because you know what’s more important than just blogging. If you can squeeze in some time to blog, then good for you, but it doesn’t always apply to everyone. Don’t let anyone force you to do something else for their benefit. I already know a few people complaining about people not being active online on their own sites in public, which I think is rather rude and immature, and it’s not always fun for you to know that these same people have been sitting on your blog/site for long periods of time waiting for you to “do something” or anything similar.4 Aim for your important priorities because you are doing them for you, not towards other people. Say for example, you want to go on hiatus from your blog. You do it because you’ve got other things that would benefit yourself, and that you want to take care of those things right away.
And you’re blogging because you want to blog, and that it benefits yourself. Sometimes you need a break from it. When you do, take a break. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. It’s your life, after all.
And this, I don’t know when I will blog again, but I will blog again eventually. All the best to all of you. ????
- Though that doesn’t mean I won’t be visiting other people’s blogs just to comment. Two different things. [↩]
- They’re on an all-American vacation tour, and they’ll be flying here from L.A./Hollywood as their last stop before they head back home to Toronto. They’re arriving here to visit my dad (the relatives are his cousins) and to see San Francisco and Silicon Valley. [↩]
- I haven’t even finished my weather app final project yet. The Sinatra class is a whole new different class and it starts today. Even though I can start w/ the new lessons today, I refuse to start something new until I finish this darn weather app. [↩]
- stalker? [↩]