I’ve been absent from the net for about a week now due to the Christmas season1 but I’m still alive.
I’m already beginning to look into changing themes for this blog again. I mean after all, this “typography-focused” theme I’m currently using is a temporary theme. Unfortunately for me, this is not a very good theme to build highly-customized child themes to begin with. Lots of areas that I’d like to change colors on just won’t change colors, as well as a few other issues that I ran in to.
I love incorporating images with my blog entries, but sometimes I just get too lazy to even provide an image to begin with and just write what I want to write immediately, you know? Because of that, I’m looking for a theme that’s both proportional to both images and typography, so that the theme itself just won’t look really weird when something is missing from the other. Like the Postline (parent) theme that I’m currently using for Let’s Volt IN!, for example. I think it’s looking really good and quite proportional, just as I want it in a small collective site.
So, lately, I’ve gotten way ahead of my new goals (resolutions?) for 2016. I started with the following:
- Found an awesome deal from Mighty Deals for a huge discount of a lifetime subscription to Sitepoint. I canceled my subscription some months ago and I repurchased it again with a bargain for a lifetime subscription. I’m set with my web development education for life.
- I also began my educational subscription to Pencil Kings, an art education website for (would-be and professional) artists to learn how to draw and other forms of art techniques from the traditional to the digital. Only about $20/mo subscription.
- I plan on attempting to change my work schedule and have Sunday and Monday as my weekend, rather than the usual Monday and Tuesday. The only reason why I work both weekends and that I have Monday and Tuesday off because my former temp agency gave us no choice. We have to work on both of those weekends or else we lose our jobs. Now that I’m a permanent employee now, I’m finally eligible to change my schedule and be able to go back to attending church on Sundays again. I’ll start requesting it maybe in January.
- Check out more useful sales before 2015 ends, although I doubt I’d be spending money again on stuff. A lot of the gifts I’ve received were actually items that I did plan on shopping in the aftermath. I guess I’m all set.
- Go back to gaming again, both console and PC, if I feel inspired to do so. Right now, I’m not. I’m way more interested in my more important goals than just to play games. I would like to keep in touch with my gamer friends I’ve met online and see how they’ve been doing with their lives.
- Getting back to gym again, getting back to U-Jam again. They need to release more DVDs now. One day.2
- I’m currently rewriting my NaNoWriMo novel that I wrote right past 50K words. I thought of writing a prequel of that particular novel in epistolary-style.3 I’m still doing some self-research on epistolary-style novels and how to write them more effectively.
- Advance myself within the company. I know I can do it. I just need to get myself prepared and ready for it.
- There will be more. This short list is just a portion of it.
It’s late here now. Need my sleep now. I work on Sundays.
On the sidenote...
- countless hours of overtime at work, family from out of town visiting and all… [↩]
- Thanks a lot, Fitbit! [↩]
- no dialogue, no “show and tell” scenery and actions, just a collection of documents from diary entries, letters, newspaper clippings, tape recordings, you know the deal. [↩]