It’s Easter period now. Back to indulging on chocolate and soda, especially chili dark chocolate. Sweet with a hint of spice. So sinful. :x
Anyway, on to the usual randomness excuse of a blog entry!
- My kid sister Doms. She turned 24 back on the last day of March.
- My cousin Deans. She will be turning (will not mention age) on the 9th.
- My friend’s cousin who we all dub as the SURF DUDE. He turned 20 yesterday (it was the 5th in Japan yesterday my time). Too bad he’d have to work some more as his way of celebrating his birthday. Don’t overwork and kill yourself, dude, or you’ll break a lot of girls’ hearts. :P
SOME NOT-SO-IMPORTANT TO-DO LIST
- Job hunting again. Back to square one.
- Seriously work on my online portfolio on a brand-new domain. I’m killing off the bluedette.net domain. It’s getting too lame and a bit childish for my age now. Will reveal later once I get the actual site up.
- Get down and study the other CMS-style blog system aside from WordPress— Textpattern. I’m not planning to switch blog systems or anything. I just want to extend my knowledge and experience with blogging systems. I still gotta refresh my theming skills in Blogger and Movable Type, which were the first two systems that I used when I made my first blog back in the early 2000s. Once I get TXP done, Expression Engine (Core) would be next to explore.
- Add new material to the online portfolio for fresh content.
- Other stuff I can’t think of.
Other than the wonderful, inspiring, and overwhelming celebration Saturday night, Easter Vigil, we had a party here at home to celebrate my sister’s birthday and my cousin’s birthday. My aunt from Seattle arrived as well with her tasty cooking (mmm… Braised Beef with mushrooms and gravy… :D). We got Easter cards from our nephew and niece, and they were all portraits of the LORD himself (none of that Easter bunny and egg stuff), which was very sweet. Then we made an Easter Egg hunting game around the house for the kids. Lastly, the fun times playing Wii.
I look forward to the release of WordPress 3.0. Hopefully I can finally create a custom theme from scratch with all those new features and everything without struggling with the template codes. I hope this would give me more drive to do what I seriously have to do from the beginning.
Also… I started looking for some information on getting back to college again (probably online classes again). I seriously want to study for a Master’s Degree but most of them are requiring some years of work experience of that same field before applying for a masters program. I barely had any… not even a year. So, I’m stuck with this one as well.