Today is an official BLEH day.
Meals of the Day:
It’s only so I can get well soon, and I mean, soon. I had no choice but to break my Lenten promises.1
- Breakfast: Echinacea Tea with a hint of organic Orange Blossom honey, a bowl of Nature’s Path Heritage Flakes cereal with organic Thompson raisins.
- Lunch: Chicken Pho at a local Vietnamese restaurant, Echinacea Tea.
- Dinner: Fish fillet sandwich, Echinacea Tea.
- Snacks in between: Dang Coconut Flakes, 2 Mandarin oranges.
Tasks for the Day:
- The cold I caught 2 days ago had gotten a lot worse, and I started coughing like mad that night. This morning, headache, fever, and a clogged sinus came to me, plus more sneezing and coughing. There was no way I would be going to work in that condition. I called in sick at work three times early in the morning because the direct number to the HR counter kept dropping, so I had the security desk leave a message for them to pass on to the managers and HR. Today was the very first time that I called in sick since I started working there back in 2014.
- Slept for almost 12 hours and didn’t wake up until 1:30 p.m. Yes, that’s how sick I am right now. Took cold/flu medicine(s) in between too.
- Read a few Bible verses and did some praying for breaking my Lenten vows with eating foods that would help remedy my current state.
- Watched another movie/episode of the old British mystery series Midsomer Murders on Netflix as part of my non-sleeping resting period. I wanted to stay up as much as I can and reading a book isn’t going to help with that.
- Check out both Amassment and Cup MB.
- Blogging this entry.
As of writing this entry, I am feeling a little better than this morning, but my sinuses are still clogged. The soup and the tea are helping a bit, but I’m running out of mandarin oranges and what not. It’s not fair that I’ve gotten the cold/cough (flu?) again now, since I already had mine back in November (week before Thanksgiving). For sure I don’t have any “spring allergies” like many others do, so what was it that got me this again?
Yup. completely BLEH today.
- and the church would understand that. [↩]