I have a confession to make. I’m pretty sure many other bloggers suffer the same issue as I do. In fact it’s even safe to say that all writers, especially those who keep a journal, go through this. I confess that even with personal blogging, I also do get “blogger’s block.” When this happens, I turn to all the resources that I have to find ideas and topics, known as journal prompts, and simply pick a random topic and just write about it.
The eBook is a wonderful invention for us readers, even though I also confess that it’s not the same as actually holding a book in your hand. But for me, eBooks are the best format when it comes to reference textbooks. I can finally clear up my bookshelf and donate some of these web designing/development textbooks to my local library to make room for the novels and fiction books. But anyway, moving on.
Here is a (short) list of achievements to accomplish in life. This journal prompt was taken from an eBook: 365 Journal Writing Ideas (Plus 400 Quotes) by Rossi Fox.
A list of achievements to accomplish in life
- Have all of my loans paid off.
- Obtain a master’s degree in information technology or even with web development/design (if there is such a thing…)
- Obtain a certification of some sort for a number of web design and development languages.
- Have a job (freelance or with an agency) related to web designing and development.
- Write a fiction book/novel or even a collection of short stories.
- Speak, write, and read Japanese fluently.
- Have my own place, whether if it’s in a house or apartment.
- Have my own successful (side) web designing/development business.
- Go back to Taekwondo training again and obtain my black belt.
- Maybe a (side) photography business if the web designing/development business doesn’t work out.
- Lose weight and eat more healthy new foods.1
- Be more active in gym, most especially with U-Jam.
- Travel around the world: the Philippines, Mexico, Japan, China, Korea, Thailand, UK, Germany, Netherlands, France, Spain, Italy…
- Visit the Vatican City and make my pilgrimage there, at least once.
- Visit Jerusalem to make my pilgrimage there, at least once.
- Learn how to do more traditional art besides calligraphy.
- Learn more digital painting and/or photograph manipulation in to digital painting.
There’s actually so many things I like to do in my lifetime that it’s hard for me to remember all of them and list them down. I actually tried writing a list of these accomplishments in my journal notebook, but only came up with only three. It’s strange though. I find myself thinking a whole lot more whenever I’m typing on my blog in front of the computer screen and actually jotting them down here.
Either that or I have become lazy using my own hand just to write. My handwriting is getting sloppier and sloppier by the minute.
On the sidenote...
- if only Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, Sprouts, etc. aren’t so expensive… [↩]