Happy new year, everyone! I’m pretty sure that for many of you who frequently visit my blog, this is a late post. But also keep in mind that I live on the West Coast of the United States, which also means, Pacific Standard Zone (PST). The West Coast is one of the few areas (along with Alaska, Hawaii, and many of the Polynesian islands) that are in the latest time zones of the world. As of this writing, it’s only 5:10 p.m. PST.
2018 Plans and Goals
Some people call them resolutions. I prefer calling them plans and goals. I think I did alright back in 2017. I’m able to at least accomplish a few goals, some plans started but never really stuck to them, but will definitely work harder this year, and being able to correct what I should’ve done from the past: that being eradicating toxic relationships and distractions so I can focus more on my stuff.1 I’ll repeat again: MY STUFF.
During the last few months of 2017, I was fortunate enough to do some traveling, which I haven’t done for several years now due to the nature of my (part-time) job. Not just that, I was also fortunate enough to spend some time outside home, catch up with some old friends from childhood, school, and even from my past jobs, and I have learned a lot from them regarding toxic relationships and how some of them have done what they can to cut these toxic relationships out from their lives. Because of that, they feel a lot freer, they now feel that they own and control their own destinies, you know, free. And for that, I want to be a lot freer so that I can do and accomplish the things I always wanted to do and get them done— without any distractions, without any unnecessary drama, without getting irritated by something that has nothing to do with me personally, and without being forced to prioritize their issues first before my own.2
This isn’t to say that I want to be a loner or anything like that. I still appreciate making contacts with people, but not to the extent of getting me involved into their own personal dramas. That’s where I draw the line. I’ve been an adult for some 20 years now and seriously, enough is enough. Those who bug people just to talk shit about other people you don’t know or don’t really give a damn really need to grow up. And worse of all, I don’t like being compared to other people with my attitude or personality. I believe that there’s always the good and the bad in every person, and they have some kind of mental issues, we’re all human. Please, enough of it.
Moving on, here are a few of my plans and goals for 2018:
- Find a new job (but I have to complete my portfolio first and contribute to some open source projects)
- Learn, practice, and do more art, especially with anime/manga-style character art
- Compile a new wardrobe (but I need to find a new job first. My current job will only make my new wardrobe get really dirty and dusty)
- Plan out for a more minimalistic way of cleaning/organizing my stuff.
- Do what I can to cook more, from paleo to making my own ramen noodles. The problem is, the parents don’t share the same type of palate as I do, especially my mom, who is also diabetic like me. (still, need a new job so I can have enough money to buy high-quality ingredients)
- Travel more, because you know, life is so short and opportunities have limits.
- Do more photography, especially if I’m going to aim for getting better at anime/manga-style art, I can use my photography as templates and inspirations for the background.
- Work on fanfics and fansites! Unfortunately, I don’t have that many friends who have the same interests as I do.
- Work out more. I miss U-JAM and other hip-hop dance-based workouts.
- Attend more meetups.
- Read more books.
- Get back to refreshing the Japanese language, especially the Kanji and the vocabulary and everything. No, watching anime or even J-dramas don’t help.
Those are just a few of my plans and goals for 2018. Eventually, new interests and open opportunities will arrive, and I may change or add more plans to aim and start for this year.
A few new things
- The newly rebuilt fiction/fanfiction writing blog is now in its new(-ish) name and URL. Please visit Adri Mars INK if you are an avid fiction and/or fanfiction writer like myself.
- Reviving my early hiatus sub-blog project for health and beauty, Symmetry.
- New child theme for this blog. A lot less messy than the previous one.
- The At Home linkup will begin again. Soon.
- Upcoming new layout for my collective, Let’s Volt IN!
- Other tentative web projects still have yet to be revealed.
It’s almost 1:00 am and I have work today, January 2nd. More to come at a much later time, and stay tuned for the first At Home linkup entry coming soon for this month!
Till next time!
- Except for art, crafting, video games, and other hobbies; these will never be toxic or distractions. [↩]
- Except with family and (real-life) friends, of course. That’s a whole different issue. [↩]